Wedding Season is Here!
So yesterday I decided to attend my first bridal expo with my mom. It’s supposed to be one of the biggest and best around, but I was far from impressed. The space was extremely tiny, the vender booths didn’t look too professional, and getting around was a hassle. Hopefully they hold a bigger one in a bigger venue next time. Now that it’s getting warm out, wedding season in America at least, has begun. Some of my friends had requested a bridal look, and so I decided to play around with colors that are very common in Indian/Desi weddings. I used gold, maroon, and black. Enjoy!
*PS/ Don’t mind the fallout! I was in such a rush to wash my face after I did this, that I forgot to clean up before pictures! *ooops!
Also, I kind of worked a little backwards with this look, so I don’t have too many pictures. I ended up doing the crease first and then the gold.
- Step 1: Apply a primer to your eyelids, and a bit under your eye.
- Step 2: Apply UD Naked – BUCK to your entire lid, bringing it a little above your crease
- Step 3: Taking Naked & Sin, use your blending brush to apply and blend into brow bone. (This will be your highlight)
- Step 4: Using a gold shadow, (I used Inglots Gold), apply to INNER 3/4ths of lid.
- Step 5: Take MAC eyeshadow in 100 Strokes, with a crease brush and apply to the outer V, bringing it inwards and BLEND, BLEND BLEND! (using your blending brush)
- Step 6: Take just a hint of any black eyeshadow (I used Iglots Black), and apply just a tiny bit on the outer corners, blending inwards. This will make the ends a little darker, and give it that gradient effect.
- Step 7: Take the gold shadow and apply under the lower lash line. This will give your eyes a hint of shimmer and sparkle.
- Step 8: Line both the top and lower lash lines, and sweep lashes with mascara.